Hi, my name is Patrick Skiba and I’m a software developer living in Hartford, CT.
While I do have my preferences, I don’t label myself as an “insert framework here” developer.
My experience ranges from:
- Creating multiple React/Node web apps and successfully deploying them to production to tens of thousands of users
- Maintaining legacy VB.NET APIs that few dare to touch
- Working on the first iOS app in my department which has recieved many accolades for its increase in employee efficiency and cost-saving benefits
My Hobbies and Interests
- Emacs, is my editor of choice at home. It is an editor so powerful that you can learn something new each day and still have so much more to learn.
- I keep many notes to stay organized, my primary tool for this is Org-mode. Due to its lack of portability, I maintain a companion app called Web-org that I hope will one day surpass similar projects currently available.
- I enjoy learning about Unix and how to use standard Unix utilities such as awk, sed, and grep. As a Linux and Mac user, being familar with your system and the software that comes with it is very useful.
- I am a foodie and will take several trips down to New York City with my girlfriend for some culinary adventures.
- In recent years I’ve gained an appreciation for Connecticut’s craft brewery scene. Living in Hartford, I have access to great local gems such as Hanging Hills and Hog River.
- Though I don’t do this as often as I would like, I enjoy a day of rock climbing at the local rock climbing gym.
- Cats, I love cats. This is my cat, Pete: